Saturday 24 May 2014

Aha!!!


After 4 weeks working with a variety of communication tools for the ocTEL MOOC's activities I've decided to start a blog. In Week 0 the organisers suggested we started one, but I was too busy watching the webinar, doing the activities and getting to know other participants. I didn't have time to start the blog and I was happy to enter my comments in the forums and groups. But as time went by and I wanted to go back to some of my comments or something interesting discussed in past weeks I found it very hard to navigate the forums, groups and blogs (not to mention tweets and other forms of communication that I haven't tried yet! And it was pondering about what was happening that I had an "aha moment"! Leaving my comments disseminated around the different communication tools is like leaving "pencil and paper" notes on the classroom board, someone else's notebook, or a napkin in the cafeteria! You wouldn't do that if you were serious about your studies! When I attend a face-to-face course  the first thing (and probably only thing!) I take with me is a notebook  and a pen. And a blog seems to be a good digital replacement for a notebook! It even has extra features of course! You can have links to digital resources, you can easily share your work with colleagues, you can edit and organise your entries and resources with little effort, you can access your notes anywhere where there is an Internet connection and at any time, and I'm sure there will be more features that I will discover as I go.
So here it is! My first attempt at blogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment